Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 17 December 2023

Blur: This is a Low

Track of the Week - 17 December 2023

This is another football one if you don't like them and want to skip straight to the video.

Football is sometimes described as the most important of the unimportant things, I get that. But when you sit through your team being turned over three-nil at home by Barrow in such a passive, inept way it can smart a bit.

I also get that football fans have short memories too. I've seen bigger defeats. I'm sure I've seen worse performances.

Was it worse than much of the Steve McMahon-era or Jody Morris's short stint in charge? I don't know but it certainly felt like a low point. The fact that it might get worse when the January transfer window opens also hangs over the club. There's a feeling of decline in the air.

(I also get that a couple of wins over Christmas and New Year will perk everyone up again. Like I said - short memories.)

This is a Low is from Blur's 1994 album Parklife. Never been massively into Blur but I do like this track (inspired by the Shipping Forecast) a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment