(Yes, this is another really late one - I will try to do better.)
My friend Colin and I headed to the Thekla in Bristol to see Altered Images on their 45th anniversary of the album Happy Birthday tour.
I say Altered Images, it's Clare Grogan and some (talented) musicians. No one else of the 80s line-up remains.
It was a fun night. Clare was in good form as she went through the album and then a selection of their more well-known songs.
While my favourite on the night may well have been I Could Be Happy I thought it was only fair to choose something from Happy Birthday. It's a curious record, it's pretty dark at times and if you take Clare's voice out then you can hear Siouxsie and the Banshees or The Cure at times.
Or perhaps early New Order on this track, Faithless, which lyrically sounds like it might relate to a seance.
No comments:
Post a Comment