Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 3 December 2023

The Wedding Present: Broken Bow

Track of the Week - 3 December 2023

This week I went to one of my favourite venues (Gloucester Guildhall) to see one of my favourite bands (The Wedding Present) with a couple of my favourite people (hi Kevin and Stuart.)

To the best of my knowledge I'm in the mid-twenties when it comes to Wedding Present gigs I've attended but I was especially keen to see this one as there's been a very recent line-up change. What would that mean for the group dynamic?

They were fantastic. Guitarist Rachael Wood brought an energy to the performance that was a great fit with the Wedding Present sound I love.

I could pick most of what was on the setlist as my choice for this week but I'm going to plump for Broken Bow. 1) It opened the set, 2) It's great, and 3) I'm unlikely to use it otherwise unless I have an archery mishap - which feels unlikely.

Broken Bow is from the tremendous 2016 double album Going, Going... 

No comments:

Post a Comment