Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 26 November 2023

EMF: Unbelievable

Track of the Week - 26 November 2023

A second book launch-related post in three weeks. Quite remarkable. Nothing to do with me this time apart from the fact that I was in attendance with my friends Colin and David.

The author in question was former footballer, manager, pundit, broadcaster, singer, charity campaigner and absolute gent Chris Kamara. He's appeared in these posts before, almost four years ago, with one of his Christmas songs.

Despite his recent health challenges he had time for everybody and overran his planned stay at Bert's Books by almost two hours. The book is called 'My Unbelievable Life', referencing his catchphrase.

Which is, of course, the title of this week's choice. Unbelievable was a huge 1990 hit for Forest of Dean based dance/alternative rock combo EMF

I loved it then and I do still. I remember it coming on at some sort of party at a now-demolished club and, finding my way to the dancefloor impeded, stood on a chair to get there quicker. The chair tipped over sending me hurtling to the floor but I bounced back up and styled it out. (I had hurt my knee but no one was finding out.)


No comments:

Post a Comment