Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 7 January 2024

The Birthday Party: The Friend Catcher

Track of the Week - 7 Jan 2024

Regular readers with good memories will know that the early part of the New Year brings the big night out for my 'real friends' 

This year was no exception and 14 of us were together for a pub crawl which is now much more sedate as the ten pubs we used to visit have now shrunk to five in the 35 or so years we have been doing this.

It's a great opportunity to catch up with some lovely people I don't see very often. I don't have a friend catch up song but I can give you a friend catcher song.

Nick Cave has featured a few times in these posts but not his previous group The Birthday Party. I only became aware of them late in their career so would have bought their 1980 single The Friend Catcher a couple of years or so later.

It's a bit of a racket in places but a good racket with a great vocal from Cave.


No comments:

Post a Comment