Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 25 February 2024

Bob Marley and the Wailers: One Love

Track of the Week - 25 February 2024

You're right, I did go to see the film Bob Marley: One Love this week.  I enjoyed it, thank you for asking.

I didn't know all that much about the man and his music, let alone the difficult political situation in Jamaica - the time where the majority of the action is set.

So I have a lot of very good tracks to choose from this week. It makes sense, to me anyway, to choose the song that the film was named after.

One Love was originally released in 1965 and is on the debut album The Wailing Wailers. It was re-recorded in 1977 and became a posthumous hit, reaching number five in 1984.


No comments:

Post a Comment