Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 3 March 2024

Cabaret Voltaire: Sensoria

Track of the Week - 3 March 2024

I had to go over to the local Designer Outlet this week. (To exchange an umbrella, such is my thrill-a-minute lifestyle.)

It turned out that I'd timed my trip with their autism/sensory-friendly morning. Lights were turned down, no music was playing and there were no tannoy announcements.

I don't believe that I need this service but I'm glad people with these challenges are being catered for and I certainly enjoyed the lack of hubbub during my visit.

I'm also glad I can choose Sensoria by Sheffield's post-punk electro outfit Cabaret Voltaire. Released in 1984, and also on the album Micro-Phonies,  it reached the heady heights of number 96.

In light of this week's theme I should probably point out that there are very quick and flasy 'cuts' in the video if you don't like taht sort of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment