Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 18 February 2024

Cocteau Twins: Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops

Track of the Week - 18 February 2024

Had a birthday this week. As it was a rare lovely day for this time of year Mrs Tea at Johnny's and I went to Painswick Rococo Garden.

Nice place. Worth a visit if you like your gardens. At this time of year it's particularly famed for its snowdrops. They say there are around five million in the garden. I'll have to trust them. I wasn't counting.

There were plenty for sure and it certainly felt that Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops by Scottish post-punk/dream pop combo Cocteau Twins would fit the bill this week. 

I bought a few of their records around the mid-80s including the 1984 EP The Spangle Maker that this track is from. Haven't listened to in it ages though. It's about time.



No comments:

Post a Comment