Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 11 February 2024

The Nightingales: Only My Opinion

Track of the Week - 11 February 2024

When I started my volunteering work about six years ago it was in small part down to me needing to get out and be with people. But boy people can be annoying can't they?

This week in particular there were so many opinions being thrown at me. About children playing pool, the children's play area, whether the heater was working properly, why the electrics had packed up on one side of the building, what to do about the non-functioning lift... there were probably more that I've blanked out.

So the opinion song is Only My Opinion by The Nightingales. Looking through the archive I'd have heard this on a John Peel session in 1983. If you know Well Done Underdog by the same band it's that with different lyrics.

It's available on the 2004 re-issue of the album Hysterics if you're interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment