Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 17 March 2024

Marshall Hain: Dancing in the City

Track of the Week - 17 March 2024

Regular readers (thank you) will know it's about this time of year I have a couple of days at Cheltenham Festival. While I've long since given up on the idea of getting rich from the week I did have a profitable one this year.

That was almost entirely down to a Placepot bet on Gold Cup day. I was surprised it paid as much as it did as four favourites and a second favourite were all placed. It's probably the third race that sorted it out. None of the first three in the betting were placed and I was on fourth favourite, Dancing City, which came third.

I picked it because I thought it would win, not through any admiration of Marshall Hain's 1978 number three Dancing in the City but now the two are kind of tied together in my head.

Their follow-up to that hit, Coming Home, scraped into the top 40 and that was pretty much that for Marshall Hain. Kit Hain became a songwriter and novelist, Julian Marshall joined the marvellous Flying Lizards.



No comments:

Post a Comment