Putting the fun back into being pretentious since 2013
"One of the few remaining reasons I'm on Twitter" - @B0ne5

Sunday 7 April 2024

Pixies: Head On

Track of the Week - 7 April 2024

I've been unwell this week. Some sort of sinusitis thing I think. I'm not a doctor. Nor have I seen a doctor yet but I might have to if I can't shift it soon.

I don't usually get headaches but this has come with many headaches, or not many of long duration. I can't tell. What I can say is that it made me want to be like Worzel Gummidge or Kryten and be able to put a new head on.

Hey, 'head on'... that's a song!

Head On was a 1989 single by Scottish noise-merchants The Jesus and Mary Chain which also appeared on their album Automatic from the same year. But I'm not going with that one.

I'm going with the 1991 cover version by Pixies which was a single and featured on their tremendous album Trompe Le Monde. There weren't many who could out-Mary Chain the Mary Chain back then but this does comfortably. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment